Saturday, May 15, 2010

It couldn't possibly be.. could it?

A day passed by and I still had the same symptoms, and the same inkling but one not good sign.. menstrual cramps. That's it, I thought, I'm not pregnant after all, how can I be when I can feel my period coming on? So as per usual I just waited to see those first spots of blood (that usually made me cry). After another few days of waiting  I thought something really must be amiss and I started to get my hopes up. I couldn't wait any longer. I had to get that dreaded pregnancy test.
I waited until the morning after to take it for a proper result. Hope and fear were blowing up inside me at the thought of a) a positive result and the consequences or b) a negative result and the consequences.
I was sure to find that one lonely line and was ready to jump back into bed and start crying but I decided to wait a full 5 minutes to give it the chance to work properly and give me 5 minutes of extra hope. I couldn't resist the wait, I looked straight away to see that one line slowly become darker and darker. But there wasn't just one line getting darker, both lines were at the same pace! The pregnancy line was just as dark as the other! I remember screaming, my heart beating like mad, pacing up and down the whole house laughing and crying at the same time. I have to ring A!

No comments:

Post a Comment