Friday, December 3, 2010

First holiday in Florence!

Last weekend we went to Florence and stayed in a beautiful hotel in the Chianti hills surrounded by Cypress trees and vineyards. Flavio was so good! He slept in the car on the way there, he slept through the night til 8am when we woke up and stayed awake in his pushchair during the day while we walked through the streets of Florence only eating at 4 -5 hour intervals as he was so absorbed in his new surroundings.
This isn't his first trip. I took him to England with me on my own when he was just 2 months old. I took him on the plane with me and he was so good even then. He slept through the whole plane journey and didn't cry at all. He went to visit his grandparents for a couple of weeks who had bought him so many things and were so excited to see him him again after the birth. It was quite empowering doing all that on my own, kind of like 'who needs men' empowering. I'm glad he's travelled at such a young age as I'd really like to take him on many jouneys with me throughout his childhood to help him grow into an experienced, educated person.
Well he enjoyed Florence, he even looked up at the statue of David by Michelangelo and Mummy and Daddy had a good time too.


No comments:

Post a Comment